Why does my child need dental treatment under General Anesthesia?
If your child is too young and afraid of chair side dental procedures, and does not comply with the dentist, then you may need to consider this treatment option. Sometimes patients with multiple dental problems also prefer to choose this option.
How is General Anesthesia Better than Local Anesthesia?
When a patient goes under General Anesthesia, the patient is unconscious and/or asleep. Our Dentists (Dr. Malik Arshman Khan and Dr. Usman Farooqui) perform every dental treatment within a time frame of 1 to 3 hours depending on the type of treatment. When the patient wakes up, He/She does not have any pain or recollection of any of the treatment performed.
What Types Of Dental Procedures Can Be Done?
Almost all dental procedures (which do not require follow up for children only) can be done under General Anesthesia. Procedures are as follows:
- Dental Fillings (Adults and Children)
- Root Canal Treatment/ Vital Tooth Pulpotomy (Adults and Children)
- Simple and Surgical Extractions (Adults and Children)
- Dental Implants (Adults Only)
- Pit and Fissure Sealants (Children Only)
- Bone and Gum Augmentation (Adults Only)
- Crowns and Bridges Preparation (Adults Only)
How To Proceed With The Procedure?
- Call on 051-2223870 or 051-111-111-128 (Ext.109) to book an appointment with our dentists
- Initial Consultation to be done in which our dentists will guide you for the procedure and propose a dental treatment plan
- Some Investigative blood tests will be required
- Patient will be forwarded to the Anesthetist at Medicsi for approval to be a General Anesthesia Candidate
- Once approval is completed, a date shall be set according to the patients and dentists